WASHINGTON – American Gaming Affiliation (AGA) President and CEO Invoice Miller delivered remarks as we speak on the way forward for gaming’s restoration, coverage developments for gaming in Washington, DC, and AGA’s priorities for 2021.
Miller cited vaccine distribution, accountable reopening, and shopper confidence as causes for optimism within the coming yr, “There’s enormous pent-up demand for gaming—and I’m upbeat in regards to the second half of the yr specifically. As vaccines roll out, folks will likely be excited to journey, hungry for leisure, and determined to get out and have enjoyable once more. That’s an atmosphere the place gaming will thrive.”
AGA analysis exhibits one-in-three American adults plan to go to a on line casino in 2021—the very best fee for the reason that AGA started monitoring final March. Eighty % of future on line casino guests agree the business has carried out an excellent job at safely reopening.
Miller emphasised that the AGA’s singular agenda in 2021 is accelerating the gaming business’s restoration, highlighting 4 areas of focus:
- Securing extra COVID-19 financial aid for the business by way of non permanent legal responsibility protections, funding in journey and tourism, supportive tax coverage, and extra tribal aid.
- Growing gaming champions on Capitol Hill and within the Biden administration.
- Blocking dangerous insurance policies and advancing particular reforms to boost business competitiveness.
- Utilizing proprietary analysis and strategic communication efforts to make sure the gaming business is heard.
“We come into 2021 with a powerful basis, a transparent focus, report ranges of help amongst People, and a loyal buyer base that wishes the thrill solely gaming can ship,” concluded Miller.
Miller’s remarks referenced three new AGA assets that have been launched as we speak:
- AGA’s Accelerating Gaming’s Restoration priorities, which give business stakeholders with an in depth define of the affiliation’s 2021 priorities.
- Casinos & Communities: COVID-19 Response, which spotlights first-hand accounts of how the gaming business has supported its communities, aided frontline employees, and responsibly reopened all through the pandemic.
- Miller’s letter to the 117th Congress, which highlights AGA’s financial significance to the U.S. financial system and particulars gaming’s federal coverage agenda for accelerating restoration.
In regards to the AGA
The American Gaming Affiliation is the premier nationwide commerce group representing the $261 billion U.S. on line casino business, which helps 1.eight million jobs nationwide. The AGA’s members embody industrial and tribal on line casino operators, suppliers, and different entities affiliated with the gaming business. It’s the mission of the AGA to attain sound insurance policies and laws in keeping with on line casino gaming’s fashionable enchantment and huge financial contributions.